is a genus of plants in the Asteraceae. It was named in honor of German botanist and medical doctor Traugott Gerber who travelled extensively in Russia and was a friend of Carl Linnaeus. Gerbera is native to tropical regions of South America.
- Deeply water your plants once a week.
- Water in the morning so the soil can dry throughout the day.
- Keep in an area with full direct sunlight.
- Use micronutrient-rich plant fertilizer.
- Be sure to trim the plant after the bloom starts to wilt to help new blooms grow.